We foster spiritual and personal growth. Our children’s, youth, and adult groups provide time to focus and be mindful as a respite from our stimulating, busy world. We consciously create opportunities to learn, explore, share, and ask questions.
We hold the space for persons to:
- Learn the Unitarian Universalism Principles and Sources.
- Build joyous relationships as part of a beloved faith community.
- Discover personal spiritual practices and beliefs.
- Explore the “big questions” of life:
“What is my purpose?”
“Where do I come from?”
“What happens when we die?”
- Become kind, caring, respectful citizens of the world.
Sunday Morning RE Programs:
- Twice a month children stay with their families for the first 10-15 minutes of service. During a “Time for All Ages,” the congregation enjoys a child-friendly story before singing the kids out of the sanctuary. RE groups meet in their classrooms downstairs. Parents are always welcome to have their child or children stay with them during the service.
- Multigenerational Worship Services are family oriented services and take place once a month.
- A monthly Childrens’ Chapel is held on the first Sunday of the month in our community youth room and explores the monthly worship theme in a fun, meaningful way.
- Little Lights childcare is always available for our youngest friends.
RE Leaders for Children and Youth
RE Leaders are special, inspirational members of our beloved community who demonstrate the commitment and personal qualities needed to be an integral part of a child’s faith discovery and journey.
As a Protest My Ministry church, we utilize National Background Screenings for all RE Leaders which includes CORI and Sexual Offender Registry. Our children’s safety is of paramount importance to us. All people new to the UUSGU community are required to wait 6 months to a year before volunteering to lead RE for children and youth. We want you to get to know us, and we want to get to know you.
Director of Religious Exploration
Office Hours: Tuesday: 9-11:30 & Thursday: 9-11:30
Available evenings and weekends by appointment.