Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Society of Grafton & Upton (UUSGU)
We are gathered to practice compassion and to serve. If you are looking for:
- A place that practices respect for others,
- A place to share your dreams and your doubts for a better world,
- A place to embrace the complementary feeling of being with like-minded people,
- A place to engage the challenges that deepen us through exploring our passions in a caring atmosphere,
- A place where your kids can discover who they are in a safe, supportive and fun-filled environment,
- A place that you can learn, laugh, love—a place to connect—then UUSGU is the place for you!
All are welcome. Join us. -
Summer Worship Services – most (but not all) Sundays at 9:30am
We are looking for a Director of Music - Details below
UUSGU – Seeks Director of Music
The Director of Music will be responsible for music during Sunday worship as well as during holidays and rites of passage. The Director of Music works with the Minister and the Worship Committee to create a wide variety of high quality, diverse musical offerings.
- 12 hours per week,
- 44 weeks per year, late August thru mid-June
- $20 – $22 per hour depending on experience
- Additional fee-for-service and right of first refusal for Rites of Passage like weddings and memorial services
Full Job Description follows.
Applicants are welcome to apply for the entire position, apply as a team or apply for a portion of the role (keyboard, choir director).
Both members and non-members are welcome to apply.
Members – please consult with Rev. Dacia prior to interview.
Open until filled – Initial review of applications, August 1, 2014.
Initial interviews will be scheduled on August 5, 6, 7 and 8 and beyond as necessary
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to Rev. Dacia Reid at: moc.l1408693879iamg@1408693879aicad1408693879ver1408693879 OR
Rev. Dacia Reid, Interim Minister – UUSGU – P.O. Box 102 – Grafton, MA 01519
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Grafton & Upton (UUSGU) has a membership of ninety and a number of active friends.Our Instruments are: Yamaha Clavinova keyboard E+ GG Hook Organ (1865) 2 Octaves of Whitechapel handbells 2 Octave set of children’s handbells Webster upright piano in Fellowship Hall
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Grafton and Upton
Job Description: Director of Music
Purpose: The director of music will be responsible for music during Sunday worship as well as during holidays and rites of passage. The Director of Music works with the Minister and worship committee to create a wide variety of high quality, diverse musical offerings.
Sunday Responsibilities: As an integral part of the worship team the Director of Music will:
- Play or arrange for keyboard and/or other instrumental accompaniment for scheduled services
- Provide or arrange for leadership of congregational singing (including congregational singing beginning at 9:50am)
- Conduct the choir as scheduled
- Work closely with the minister for selection of program music
- Support and encourage participation of musicians within the congregation and in the community
- Rehearse the choir on a weekly basis (currently Wednesday evening)
- Attend staff meetings, worship committee meetings, and other meetings as requested
- Arrange for tuning and upkeep of the church’s instruments
- Maintain the UUSGU music library
- Administer the music budget
- Submit an annual report to the congregation
- Involvement in Unitarian Universalist Music Network (UUMN) a plus
Knowledge, Abilities, and Personal Attributes: The Director of Music will possess:
- A degree in Music Performance or Education or commensurate experience
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist principles and values
- Musicianship and proficiency on keyboard, as a choir director, and as a congregational song leader. Ability to play the organ a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal or “people skills” are essential especially in working with volunteers
- A willingness to work collaboratively with the minister and the worship committee is vital